Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2017 Dodge Caravan Sliding Door Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 04:56 PM
Pats2017Caravan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Dodge Caravan Sliding Door Issue

I have a 2017 Dodge Caravan that has an issue with the passenger sliding door. Randomly the passenger door tries to open when we are driving. The dome light comes on and the door ajar warning come on. When the car is parked and locked it does the same thing causing the alarm to be triggered. I have done a continuity test on the door section of the wiring harness and everything checks okay. Is it the acuator? Can it be the key fob?

Old 01-21-2020, 12:47 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Pats2017Caravan
I have a 2017 Dodge Caravan that has an issue with the passenger sliding door. Randomly the passenger door tries to open when we are driving. The dome light comes on and the door ajar warning come on. When the car is parked and locked it does the same thing causing the alarm to be triggered. I have done a continuity test on the door section of the wiring harness and everything checks okay. Is it the acuator? Can it be the key fob?
Hi Pats2017Caravan, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your sliding door. We understand you are reaching out to fellow forum members, however if you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, our team is available via private message.
Rob
DodgeCares

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2017 Dodge Caravan Sliding Door Issue