Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Door Open Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 02:53 PM
DavidK2020
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Open Sensor

Good afternoon everyone, Quick question hopefully someone can help out with. Got a 2014 Caravan that I am ready to drive off a clif, nothing but hassle right now. So the currenty issue is when we open the driver door the van doesn't sense it is open. The Radio stays on, the doors in the rest of the car do not unlock, no door is ajar alarm goes off and the head lights can be on and it won't notify you.

if I open the passenger door the radio shuts off as it should.

I assume this is some sort of sensor in the driver door that has no failed can anyone shed some light on what I am looking for? I don't see the old pin style sensor anywhere so must be somthing else.

Thanks
David

Old 02-10-2020, 12:27 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidK2020
Good afternoon everyone, Quick question hopefully someone can help out with. Got a 2014 Caravan that I am ready to drive off a clif, nothing but hassle right now. So the currenty issue is when we open the driver door the van doesn't sense it is open. The Radio stays on, the doors in the rest of the car do not unlock, no door is ajar alarm goes off and the head lights can be on and it won't notify you.

I assume this is some sort of sensor in the driver door that has no failed can anyone shed some light on what I am looking for? I don't see the old pin style sensor anywhere so must be somthing else.

Thanks
David
Hi David, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your drivers door. We understand you are reaching out to fellow forum members, however if you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer.
Rob
DodgeCares

Old 02-10-2020, 01:25 PM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 64 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidK2020

Thanks
David
It’s built into the latch mechanism. The signal is received by the TIPM (engine bay fuse box) which then unlocks the other doors and shuts off accessories - to illuminate the cluster notifications, a command is sent to the cluster via data circuit.

The quickest test is to access the latch connector and jumper pin 3 (violet/signal) to pin 4 (black/ground). If the other doors unlock and the cluster illuminates, you can try cleaning the latch with brake/parts cleaner and compressed air. If that doesn’t work, it’ll have to be replaced.

If jumping the wires doesn’t work, you’ll have to troubleshoot the circuit between the latch and TIPM to see if it’s the wiring or TIPM that’s at fault.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Door Open Sensor