Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Are Dodge Journey 2nd row seats compatible with a 2011 Grand Caravan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 04:41 PM
SlavvyDad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Are Dodge Journey 2nd row seats compatible with a 2011 Grand Caravan?

I just purchased a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan CREW to fit my whole family (5 kids in car seats/boosters) and JUST found out we are going to have #6 coming later this year. We can't trade this one in for something bigger (we just don't have the money to upgrade again) and we are in love with the fuel economy.

My Father-in-Law has a 2010 Journey with 3 seat belts in the 2nd row. Does anyone know if you can swap a Journey 2nd row seat into a Grand Caravan 2nd row? I know that I'll lose the stow'n'go aspect, but I'll keep our awesome new van.

Thanks! If no one knows, I'll get myself a junkyard seat and write a post telling what I find. It'd just be nice to know if it DOESN'T work before I spend the money.

Thanks!!!

Old 02-16-2020, 10:56 AM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 64 Likes on 61 Posts

Congratulations on #6. I salute your bravery.

Are you absolutely sure there’s no 3rd seat belt or anchors for a car seat? Could the belt be tucked into the seat? It seems unusual they’d put a 3 person bench seat in there without providing the seat belt as well.

I don’t know if the seats will swap - I’d start by just taking basic measurements of the spacing of the holes for the mounting bolts/studs. Check the overhang of the edges of the seats compared to the seat frame to see if it will clear the door or butt up against it.

I really don’t recommend trying to adapt the seat if it’s not a straight swap. I would only do it if you need to drill new holes in the floor to anchor it properly as opposed to making some kind of adapter bracket. I can appreciate your position financially but is the safety of your children really worth saving a few dollars?

If anything, I’d look at how you could add additional anchors or a belt to the existing seat. This could probably be done relatively easily with donor parts from a junkyard seat.

Old 02-16-2020, 01:21 PM
Mopar340
Veteran
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Sorry I misread you question you asking if Journey bench seat will fit into a GC 2nd row StoNGo I don't believe so because the the seat anchoring system will be different on StoNGo the front anchor points are into the storage bin on a swivel and only the back latches on the floor. I believe the bench seat has 4 in floor latches which an entire different anchoring system.

Last edited by Mopar340; 02-16-2020 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:49 AM
IDon'tGiveARam
Professional
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY.

1st. There are a million of these things sitting in pick n pull salvage yards with 2nd row bench. The salvage yards can tell you if they fit the captains chairs bolt patterns.
2nd, if a bench won't bolt in you can buy the bench anyhow, then go to a local machine shop and have them weld in bolts that will hold the bench. If there is no center latch you will have to get creative to get a center seat belt. Perhaps you can get a five point harness from Jegs or something.
3rd you need to get a vasectomy!

"If she don't find you handsome, she should at least find you handy." -Red Green

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Are Dodge Journey 2nd row seats compatible with a 2011 Grand Caravan?