Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: P0302 replaced a lot of stuff, still not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 09:39 AM
Ryan Greene
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0302 replaced a lot of stuff, still not working

Hello,
I have a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan with the 4.0L and 193,000 miles. The van had been stalling lately and it seemed related to the fuel injectors or the fuel pump. I replaced all fuel injectors and the fuel pump. After I replaced those (no more stalling) the van started running rough and finally threw the P0302 which is misfire on cylinder 2. I replaced all plugs with new Iridium ones and the old ones were really burnt and not one of them were gaped to spec. Drove for a day and check engine light came back with same code. To narrow down if its the coil pack I traded the #2 coil pack with the #6. Drove for another day and engine light came back with same code again. So, first I want to make sure I have my cylinder numbers correct. On the 4.0L, cylinder one is closest to the firewall on passenger side, correct? Which would make #2 closest to the bumper passenger side? Also, when I swapped the coil packs I removed the upper intake when the engine was hot and had been running for at least 30 minutes through city traffic in 80 degree heat. When I removed the intake I could hear a hissing noise coming from the #5 cylinder. I covered each hole with my glove and could only hear the hissing from #5. What is this hissing? Blown head gasket with coolant pushing its way into the cylinder? When it cooled I checked the coolant. I was able to dump about 8 oz into the radiator and the overflow had a small amount at the bottom. I haven't added any coolant for at least 6 months. I am planning to do a compression test this weekend. Any other thoughts or suggestions for troubleshooting? Are there known issues with this 4.0L?
Thanks!
Ryan

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: P0302 replaced a lot of stuff, still not working