Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2017 grand caravan rear ac

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 07:03 PM
1987ss
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar340
I think I get a clearer picture now correct me if I'm wrong you had to replace one blend door which was the mode door ceiling/floor now you're having a problem with the other blend door which is the temp blend door hot /cold. Sometimes these blend door can get stuck especially the temp ones because of the changing season winter/summer for the colder climate where the heat is constantly use over the winter months. Hopefully this is the case with your situation where the door got stuck and it stripped the plastic gear in actuator motor then you'd only have to replace the actuator otherwise you'll have take apart the rear A/C unit to get at the door. Did you physically take a look at the temp blend door or just going by what the temp blend door actuator doing? Hopefully for you sake it's just a stuck door that cause the blend door motor to stripped it's gear and running without doing anything otherwise if the actual blend door is busted you'd have to take the rear A/C unit apart to get to the blend door unfortunately there's a bunch of screws and clips that hold everything together and they're all on the backside of the unit. With the trim of unfasten the unit unscrew and unplug the temp blend door actuator with it still splined in try to move it back and forth to seen if the blend door is still intact and moving freely be very careful when bending the rear unit to get at the actuator not to damage the cooling coil expansion valve when the line are still hook up if that the case you just need a new actuator.

If the actual blend door is broken things gets complicate because it's location on the unit being very low it would be risky to attempt to change out the temp blend door which could end up damaging the expansion valve then you need a whole new cooling coil. An automotive A/C shop would be less expensive than the dealership they'll reclaim your refridgerant and reuse it change out your temp blend door and recaliberate all your actuators.
you are correct the door itself is broken. I posted a pic

. Last time door itself was broken aswell.. it was a bear getting mode door in. And like you stated the temp blend door is lower in housing. Not sure if I can separate it completely with it in vechile

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2017 grand caravan rear ac