Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Cylinder 1 misfire mystery

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020 | 11:19 PM
leonardsmusic
|
Unhappy Cylinder 1 misfire mystery

Hello, I am new to the forum, and I hope some of you will be able to offer me some advice. I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan with 86,500 miles on it. I was getting some fault codes, P0301 (cylinder one misfire), as well as P0456 (leak in the evaporative system). So far here are the new parts that I have fitted: new spark plugs, new leads, new coil pack, new fuel cap, new IAT sensor (intake air temperature), PCV valve (positive crankcase ventilation), EGR valve, MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure), 6 new injectors, and a purge valve. I am still getting a cylinder 1 misfire?? With all of these new parts, the car is definitely running a lot better and for the most part feels very smooth, but I can feel that a cylinder is occasionally not firing. I have checked the vacuum hoses and they all look good. I am at a loss as to what to repair/replace next. The only thing I have not done is check the compression in each cylinder compared to the number one cylinder, in case there is something with the cylinder head gasket or a valve. Please help. Thank you!

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Cylinder 1 misfire mystery