Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Silding Door Not Fully Shutting

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2020 | 03:02 PM
DodgeFilms
|
Question Silding Door Not Fully Shutting

Hello All

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a Dodge Caravan SXT 2015. I have power sliding doors. Passenger side door is fully functional. Here are other related problems, all occurred at the same time. My driver's side sliding door functions as if the car battery is disconnected when I pull on the external handle to open it or close it (no power assist activates).

When I push the button on the remote the sliding door opens normally. When pressing the button to close the sliding door, it works correctly all the way through the cycle until is should pull the door in fully closing. It pulls it in a little ways then releases. I must manually push it close to latch it.

Could there be a lose connection, ground? Why does the power function not work when pulling on the external door handle but functions from the remote? Why will it not pull the door fully in and lock?

Trying different things, I was manually closing the door and I pulling it very slowly closed almost to latching (about one out of 10 times) suddenly power starts and pulls the door closed. I cannot do this consistently. It seems random.

If I use the power function (via button) to close the door I must push on the door manually from the outside to latch it fully closed. Opening via button works normally.

Thanks for any help, recommendations, guesses or tests I should perform. I can update here if I can provide any results from said tests that are recommended.
Brian

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Silding Door Not Fully Shutting