Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 11:40 PM
emily snyder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light

Hi all,

I have a 2015 Caravan. Recently I have had an issue where the vehicle starts sputtering and shaking, running very rough, and then the check engine light comes on.

Mechanic replaced all spark plugs two months ago. Went over it with a fine tooth comb so to speak and gave it a clean bill of health.

However, this same thing keeps happening where the CEL comes on and starts flashing. The code it throws is p0300, multiple cylinder misfire.

I’ve taken it in to the shop two more times for this issue since the spark plug replacement. Most recently they had it for two weeks, drove it over 100 miles, and could not get it to replicate the issue. The light never came on for them! I got it back and not two days later, light comes on, flashes, van starts shaking.

Any clue at all what could be the problem? We’re taking it back in tomorrow but I’m just hoping they can finally fix the issue. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by emily snyder; 10-25-2020 at 11:46 PM.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Check Engine Light