Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Am I screwed? Coolant/Heat issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 08:44 PM
Krystyn
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I screwed? Coolant/Heat issues

So first let me preface this with telling you that I am homeless and I live in my van and I was currently driving to the Southwest for the winter.

Whike I was driving I turned on my heat and the heater came on for about 15 seconds and then it became cool. I turned off the heat and turned it back on and the same thing happened, first it was hot and then it got cool about 15 seconds later. Then I noticed my engine temperature, while not overheating, wad higher than usual. I pulled into a Walmart and noticed some fluid around my engine block near where the pulleys are. It wasn't a lot of fluid but it was definitely there. I have attached a picture. So I am guessing, and hoping that this is my water pump. Would that be right to assume? If it is my water pump, any ideas on how much that cost to get fixed?

Would there be different symptoms if this was my head gasket say?

Thanks for any info.

Last edited by Krystyn; 11-16-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:52 AM
Krystyn
Amateur

So I found a mechanic and will be here for a few hours before he looks at it. Any advice to help me not get screwed because I have little money to spare would be appreciated.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:29 PM
Krystyn
Amateur

Well it turned out to only be a heater hose period cost me $40.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Am I screwed? Coolant/Heat issues