Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: ignition switch grand caravan 1998

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2021 | 06:46 PM
mate
|
Default ignition switch grand caravan 1998

looking for some clarification, i'm trying to put a push button switch on the dashboard of my 1998 grand caravan so i can push the button to crank and start the engine. it turns out the ignition switch is bad and it will not crank the engine with the Key. currently i can start the engine by putting the key and ignition to the Run position and jumping the pins on the relay under the hood.

I thought i could tap into the yellow wire coming from the ignition switch and use it to connect to the push button switch and crank the Engine

My questions is about the yellow wire on the ignition switch, i suppose that wire sends 12v once the key is engaged to the start position?

Also notice there are two additional connectors to the ignition switch, a green connector with "Key-in Ignition switch sense" and a black connector with "ignition switch output(st-run-off)" do both of this wires also use 12v to get the engine to crank when you put the key in and put it in the start position?

here are the pics of the ignition switch connectors and starter diagram thank you very much for any information you can provide it's greatly appreciated and it's gonna help me a whole lot.

Quick Reply: [3rd Gen : 96-00]: ignition switch grand caravan 1998