Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: 2012 Grand Caravan - Manual Split Temp. Control - Driver Side

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 08:33 AM
PG1971
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Grand Caravan - Manual Split Temp. Control - Driver Side

Let's see who solves this issue.....LOL......I have a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan with manual split temp. control for driver and passenger side. The passenger side works fine. The driver side blows cold air when on full heat. I replaced the driver side door blend actuator (I didn't see anything wrong with the old one / I bench tested it and it worked fine). After I put the new actuator in - it worked.
Now for the fun part. When I leave for work at 5am - I still have no heat on the drivers side. I do not hear the actuator moving. It I go out to the vehicle later in the day (say 2pm-4pm) if I put the key to battery and turn the drivers side temp control back and forth cold to heat - I hear the actuator moving. I leave it on heat and turn the blower on and I then have heat. I drive an hour home. I shut the vehicle off with the driver temp. control on full heat and the blower switch on. When I shut the vehicle off; I hear one blend door moving (this is the door that selects where the air goes- floor, defrost, front, etc.) Is it possible that the driver side blend door is being jammed by something? The actuator motors are not that powerful and it appears that it binds up. I can't figure it out but I'm cold!.......Help!

Quick Reply: [General]: 2012 Grand Caravan - Manual Split Temp. Control - Driver Side