Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Dash lights intermittently flicker when headlights on

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 10:33 PM
jayg97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash lights intermittently flicker when headlights on

My 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan has had this issue for over a year where the dash lights flicker, as if someone is playing with the dimmer switch, it can last from a few seconds to a minute or longer… this only happens when the head lights are on. To stop it I can either turn the headlights off or put the dimmer switch all the way up in the position that turns on the dome and map lights though when this is going on they dome lights don’t generally turn on.

once the flickering stops things go back to normal though it’s rare I can turn on the dome and map lights using the dimmer. The dome lights will come as they should when the doors open. The map lights work find by pushing them on and off.

When the dash lights are flickering the headlights have a constant beam.

in the last year I’ve needed to replace both the battery and alternator, yet this problem still exists.

next step to check the fuses?

any suggestions?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Dash lights intermittently flicker when headlights on