Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: No more overdrive

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 06:28 PM
csonni
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more overdrive

Got a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan with which we’ve been towing a 1800 lb teardrop trailer. Got into Ontario (from Labrador) and noticed our transmission would no longer shift into overdrive (no, it wasn’t locked in 6). Made it to South Dakota fine and wouldn’t use overdrive anyways with both the strong winds and hauling trailer as it tended to prefer 6th gear anyways. Will be visiting the dealer concerning it but was wondering if any other owners have experienced this. I’ve heard of speed sensors gone, etc. Any comments would be appreciated.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:35 PM
csonni
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took my father-in-laws 2014 Chrysler T&C with the same transmission for a drive today. At high speed, his transmission also remains in 6th gear. Now I’m confused. I’m sure I remember “overdrive” as being a jump above 6. Isn’t that right? On the highway (before this cross-country trek with our trailer), I remember my GC shifting from 6th to overdrive, dropping 2-300 rpm and, when slapping the shifter to the left, it would lock into 6 (downshift). Isn’t that the shifting that is to be expected?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: No more overdrive