Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 caravan 3.3 No throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 12:00 PM
Customator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 caravan 3.3 No throttle response

Grab a coffee, might be long read but I’ll try to condense.
initial problem… vehicle stalled while driving and no effort at to restart.
had towed back to my place to do some tests. Everything pointed to fuel pump even though could hear pump running on prime, so ordered a new one and installed. Before buttoning everything back up cycled key couple times to prime it up, started and idled perfect. Finished buttoning everything up, dropped back on its feet and go to take it for test drive. Again, fired up perfect but went to rev up and had zero pedal response. It would idle until I ran it out of gas but step on pedal you’d swear it was old days with cable or linkage not hooked up. Let it warm up, play around with pedal and get a little increase rpm if I slowly press pedal down…… no coughing or sputtering, just not revving up. Loooong story short…. Since then, I’ve dropped tank again to see if somehow in my haste and hatred of wrenching again that I forgot to remove some packaging or something on the new pump, dug into TIPM to bypass internal fuel pump relay and installed the recall part external relay mopar used on these TIPM (even though my tests said it couldn’t be the issue) I’ve now replaced accelerator pedal with the position sensor (used) and also the throttle body with TPS (also used). I’ve been doing what I HATE about other mechanics in throwing parts at something with fingers crossed it fixes it but I’m at a loss. I’ve even listened to several colleagues who told me it could be a plugged Cat so I disconnected flange between cat and manifold to dispel that theory.
HEEEEELP please! This has become a MISSION!

Old 02-17-2023, 03:16 PM
sjyb19
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did it turn out to be?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 caravan 3.3 No throttle response