Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Mysterious Antifreeze Leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2022, 10:53 PM
pendleyh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Mysterious Antifreeze Leak

I have a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 3.8. In the last yea I've had multiple issues with losing antifreeze.
During this time I have replaced both Y pieces, the thermostat, put in a new radiator cap. I've even got it looked at and was told it was the Heater Hose Return Line. My husband changed the line on Thanksgiving Day. I thought it was fixed Then it started overheating, and thought maybe there wasn't enough Antifreeze, so I refilled it. However, after coming out of the dollar store the other night, i saw the mysterious drip again in the front of my car not in the dead center but a little bit to the side on my driver side. It doesn't leak all the time, but my car is overheating again. So yet again its parked. Any ideas. The mechanic told us there was a hole in the medal line but my husband looked all over and didn't see even a pin hole when testing after fixing the Heater Return Line. No Antifreeze in my oil, its one of the first things we checked.
My dad is thinking maybe a freezer plug, maybe water pump. Any Ideas, Need Help, I have 4 kids and its our families main transportation.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Mysterious Antifreeze Leak