Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Grand caravan hvac control self calibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 12:56 PM
Redwhitekat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Grand caravan hvac control self calibration

Hello all
just got a 2012 caravan
money if the blend doors was clicking so I replaced it
no more clicks but most times when I unlock the doors and get in the rear defrost blinks for a good minute during this time the fan does not come on
I’ve tried resetting the system by unplugging the negative battery terminal

any thoughts on this ? Do I need to actually have a scanner to calibrate this ???

Old 04-05-2023, 07:30 AM
Redwhitekat

Looks like by shutting off the fan it turns unit off reset by disconnecting the battery it fixed itself

Old 03-05-2024, 01:03 PM
Jason Fritz
Amateur

probably you installed the actuators incorrectly and the system can't pass the self test ,because the values the computer receives from them are wrong ....car computer measures time moving and detects that they have "stopped" by the resistance on the motor of the actuator ..... so if you put the blend door into the wrong groove of the actuator - still moves - still works but it takes either too long or to fast to move to the opposite side and the computer considers in a mistake ..... - hence flashing yellow light .....

you can get a cheap scanner - Kingbollen - bluettoth dongle - 100$ on Amazon and it will give you the individual blend door error code s o you know which one you messed up ...easy fix....

The following users liked this post:
Redwhitekat (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 04:52 PM
Redwhitekat

Originally Posted by Jason Fritz
probably you installed the actuators incorrectly and the system can't pass the self test ,because the values the computer receives from them are wrong ....car computer measures time moving and detects that they have "stopped" by the resistance on the motor of the actuator ..... so if you put the blend door into the wrong groove of the actuator - still moves - still works but it takes either too long or to fast to move to the opposite side and the computer considers in a mistake ..... - hence flashing yellow light .....

you can get a cheap scanner - Kingbollen - bluettoth dongle - 100$ on Amazon and it will give you the individual blend door error code s o you know which one you messed up ...easy fix....

thanks. I have not had any issues since.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Grand caravan hvac control self calibration