Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Parasitic Drain after tranny rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 08:42 AM
GChapman70
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Parasitic Drain after tranny rebuild

So I had my 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan SE tranny start to go and had a total rebuild done. After the tranny job I drove it for a few days and it wouldn't turn over and told me it wasn't in park. My grandson is a mechanic at the fire station and he checked underneath to find the engine ground was not securely tightened when they put the tranny back..........tightened it and voila, started right up . So about five days later I went out in the morning and the battery was so dead ( brand new battery by the way after the tranny done because it was "time" ) the doors wouldn't even unlock. He charged the battery and scanned, no codes thrown. Another couple days and it did it again..................now he checked fuses etc and charged the battery and I ran it for quite a while yesterday. I am waiting to see what happens ......and by the way alternator tested fine. How do I find it if it's an intermittent drain other than taking it to an auto electric garage?

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Parasitic Drain after tranny rebuild