Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 05 grand caravan; lost power to the wheels, Replaced CV axles torque convertor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 03:17 PM
soundsailer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 grand caravan; lost power to the wheels, Replaced CV axles torque convertor?

The van lost power and was vibrating and rattling like crazy and when I drove it home I had to climb some hills and I shifted it into all the gears and the tranny was torquing down, sounded fine. But when I turned the wheels to in and out of lock positions it got much worse, I thought it was the CV axles. .I jacked it up and had both front drive wheels off the ground and the wheels were both doing the same thing, not spinning freely, push on the gas and they wouldn't spin without hesitating and would stop spinning when I let off the gas. Could this be a torque convertor ?

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 05 grand caravan; lost power to the wheels, Replaced CV axles torque convertor?