Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: HVAC ticking noise that disappeares in one minute.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 04:59 AM
Misha
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC ticking noise that disappeares in one minute.

Hi, 2013 Grand Caravan , when key is inserted, I hear ticking noise for about one minute, then it's ok,If I turn the engine on, HVAC is disabled and one of the buttons will Flash, ticking noise,after one minute everything is fine.Is it one of the actuators, but why after one minute everything is ok? And this is consistent, every time I start the engine.Does the actuator have a feedback signal to the controller telling that its opened or closed, or they are dummy actuators? Thank you.

Old 08-28-2023, 06:42 AM
Bigcurt
Default Clicking

[QUOTE=Misha;3573101]Hi, 2013 Grand Caravan , when key is inserted, I hear ticking noise for about one minute, then it's ok,If I turn the engine on, HVAC is disabled and one of the buttons will Flash, ticking noise,after one minute everything is fine.Is it one of the actuators, but why after one minute everything is ok? And this is consistent, every time I start the engine.Does the actuator have a feedback signal to the controller telling that its opened or closed, or they are dummy actuators? Thank you. The clicking noise is an actuator mine was bad behind the glove box, I took the glove box out there is two actuators behind the glove box turn the key on when the clicking starts touch each actuator the one you feel clicking is the bad one replace it it's like 30 40 bucks hope this helps

Old 08-28-2023, 06:44 AM
Bigcurt
Default Clicking

Originally Posted by Misha
Hi, 2013 Grand Caravan , when key is inserted, I hear ticking noise for about one minute, then it's ok,If I turn the engine on, HVAC is disabled and one of the buttons will Flash, ticking noise,after one minute everything is fine.Is it one of the actuators, but why after one minute everything is ok? And this is consistent, every time I start the engine.Does the actuator have a feedback signal to the controller telling that its opened or closed, or they are dummy actuators? Thank you.
I had a bad actuator there's two behind the glove box take the glove box out it's very easy turn the key on it when you hear the clicking reach in there and touch each actuator and whatever you feel clicking is the bad one you can replace it for about 30-40 bucks hope this helps.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: HVAC ticking noise that disappeares in one minute.