Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Fuel and evap line size and end info please

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2024, 12:10 AM
xtal_01
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel and evap line size and end info please

My wife is a quadriplegic and drives a modified 2012 Crew Grand Caravan.

The floor of the van was cut out and dropped to give more room for a person in a wheelchair.

The fuel lines were modified ... cut ... extended ... custom bent ... ??? The company that modified the van has gone out of business.

We live in VT .. lots of snow ... lots of salt on the roads.

Both lines have now rotted!

I could buy a factory line set .. cut them in the back and in the front and then put in two extensions.

Problem ... line sets are not available. The local dealer said back ordered and could not even guess at a date when they would be available.

I "think" I found one set (internet search) but they wanted $500 shipping !!!!!!!!!!! The lines were only $125

So, I looked at just bending a custom set (heck, I bend brake lines all the time).

The problem is, I can't seem to find a tool that makes the bulge at the end of the tubes. All the videos I watch say it is almost impossible.

Sooooo .... I started looked for just the ends ... say 6" of tubing with the bulge in them.

New problem ... I can't find any info saying what size the lines are!

Does anyone know what size the lines are?

I don't want to pull them and measure, I am sure they will just crumble and right now they just leak and I can still start and move the van.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Fuel and evap line size and end info please