Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 07 caravan 2.2 Fan relay stuck closed

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Bucky73
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 caravan 2.2 Fan relay stuck closed

3.3 not 2.2
I have searched high and low with no luck. My fan relay stopped functioning and I replaced it and it worked about half a day and stuck closed (always on even with key off) I replaced it again but this time I addressed G102 ground and redone everything there. Tested pin 1 with test light successfully tested pin 2 no light pin 3 (black with green stripe) ground tested excellent Pin 4 turned on when the pcm told the fan to turn on. Tested all connections I can think of all the way back to the key and another one stuck closed. Not sure if I am getting bad parts but after the 2nd stuck closed and running all the time i tested pin 4 and nothing with the key off so my theory is the fans shouldn't be running at that time however they still do. What are the chances of getting 2 faulty fan relays? I just replaced it again today with a different brand I am hopeful its just bad parts. I guess I should mention the thermostat and the coolant temp sensor was replaces as well. All temps work on the dash and no codes. If you can think of anything else I can check let me know.

Last edited by Bucky73; 03-12-2024 at 06:45 PM.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 07 caravan 2.2 Fan relay stuck closed