Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Tailgate button not functional

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024 | 11:45 AM
RayM
|
Default Tailgate button not functional

2017 dodge grand caravan. The button on the back will NOT close the tailgate. I does not open it either but not sure it ever didas I never tried opening the tailgate with the back button. 🤔
I hear no sound or attempt for it to engage in shutting. No issue manually shutting and latching...or locking.
The key fob and console overhead burron will open with no issue. They will NOT close it. Again no sounds or attempt to engage in shutting.

The fuse is good, even swapped with no change.
I picked up a new switch for the back but still no change.
I was going to see if I could test with my ohm reader but the wire connector hole are to small for the probes.

looking suggestions on what the issue maybe or some additional troubleshooting steps.
I have an Autel Autolink AL519 but I don't think it has the module to see the mode 6 info for the tailgate.

just a side note but not sure its relevant, the battery was recent replace but the issue was present prior.

appreciate any help!

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Tailgate button not functional