Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: AC not cooling

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024 | 10:58 AM
Gmar161
|
Default AC not cooling

I have a 2017 Grand Caravan 3.6L. The AC stopped cooling. Noticed the clutch cycles on and off. The charge is full, replaced cycle switch, didn’t help. Had a code P1273, clutch circuit high. Checked the plug in wiring good. Where to go from here? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 07-06-2024 | 03:21 PM
Gmar161
|
Default Clutch cycles

Found a leak in the aluminum lines going to the rear evaporator. Guess they don’t make aluminum like they used to. It was leaking was it was clamped. Just had little pit spots in it and leaking. Replaced the entire line from front to rear evaporator with a rubber hose assembly. Had to cut original line out in about 6 places to get it out. Dealer had no idea what to order so I went with the rubber hose assembly. There was no way the original aluminum lines would have gone back in without removing the body. Works great now but at idle it cycles off & on and it is fully charged, 2.5lbs. of R134A. Is that normal on these later models? Thanks in advance.

Old 07-06-2024 | 07:18 PM
Gmar161
|
Default Clutch cycling

Answered my own question. After cooling great it went out completely. Hot wired the clutch and nothing. Guess it wasn’t supposed to cycle like that.

Quick Reply: [General]: AC not cooling