Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Paint?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 10:02 PM
silver fox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint?

Does anyone but me have problems with the paint blistering and falling off, of a 2005 Caravan? I've been complaining about this to my dealer and to Chyrsler Canada for a year to deaf ears. I do drive on 7 miles of gravel, but the paint is lifting not getting worn off....well it is but they have an excuse for that one. Within the first two weeks of owning the van we had it repainted (rear wheel wells around to other) before I got home from their bandaide, the paint was gone again. Yes, they may have to use environmentally friendly paint, but then put appropriate layers of clear coat on to make up for crappy paint. Our '96 van with 300km had less damage than the new one with 2500km. The blistering on the rear bumper started right away as well. They just picked it off and left me with what appears to be a bullet hole effect. Cute if your 16yrs old.
Please help.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:10 AM
goheels24
Default RE: Paint?

they did a crappy job... you should get a new one, and get it done properly... any paint job around $500 is not gonna cut it... youre gonna nead a quality paint job.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:29 PM
HeadlessHorseman

Sounds like a lemon, spelled L-E-M-O-N, to me. I've got some paint coming off my Bright White '96 GC on top of the liftgate door, but nowhere else. For some reason, Chrysler products has a history of paint delaminating from its products (as did GM, particularly in the '80's). My daughter's 1988 Dakota (she just bought it) is getting a paint job in the spring for exactly this reason. As an aside, we have a blue 1990-something Neon in town that has shed nearly its entire paint job.

Anyway, paint coming off an '05 just isn't right. If you are not happy with the efforts of your dealer, you may wish to pursue whatever Lemon Law protection you have in your state, even if you have to get an attorney involved... You shouldn't have to be unhappy everytime you get in your vehicle.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:51 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Contact your Chrysler Corp Complaint Line phone number that's listed in the New Vechile owner's manual. I had a 1992 Plymouth Acclaim that had this issue. The problem was metalic-paint quality.

Quick Reply: Paint?