Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Revised - Help - Locating interior "blower motor resistor" 96 Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 09:12 PM
SW
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revised - Help - Locating interior "blower motor resistor" 96 Caravan

Looking for exact location of the resistor for the interior blower motor. I purchased above, but am unable to locate resistor itself? Help.

Old 05-28-2004, 08:55 PM
JCswm
Veteran
Default RE: Changing "blower motor resistor" 96 Caravan

It's behind the windshield washer bottle!!!!

Old 05-29-2004, 09:32 PM
SW
Default Problem solved - Located interior "blower motor resistor" 96 Caravan

OK, I got it changed. Item was on right side firewall by shock tower. Thanks for quick reply.

Old 07-02-2004, 01:41 PM
pk
Default RE: Problem solved - Located interior "blower motor resistor" 96 Caravan

Please describe the steps you have done to replcae this resistor.
I located the resistor but it has a clamp on the back of the resistor and I do not see any secrews to open under the hood.
Any help in this area is appreciated.

Old 07-06-2004, 02:34 PM
lvd2340
Amateur
Default RE: Problem solved - Located interior "blower motor resistor" 96 Caravan

These directions should be the same for all 96-00 Caravans:

REMOVAL
Open hood.
Locate and remove the wire connector from the blower resistor block. Block is located at the back of the engine compartment on the passenger side of the vehicle under the wiper module Resistor Block Removal [IMG][/IMG]

NOTE: It is not necessary to remove the wiper module to access the resistor block.

WARNING: The resistor block may be hot. Do not attempt to service the resistor block if the system has been running recently. Let the system cool down before repairs are initiated.

Remove resistor block by inserting a flat blade pry tool on the side of the resistor block and pushing inward. Two guide lines are shown on the right hand edge of the resistor block to help guide the blade position. This will release the clips on the side of the resistor block. Pull resistor block out.

INSTALLATION
For installation, reverse the above procedures. Make sure the "TOP" lettering is on the top of the resistor. The coils on the Resistor Block should not be contacting one another. Before installation, gently separate the coils (with fingers only) if one coil is contacting another.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4800/Hf981973249.gif[/IMG]

Old 07-06-2004, 11:26 PM
pk
Default Blower motor resistor block connector replace ment - 97 Caravan

Thanks. I located the resistor block and pulled it out . But the resistor block connector is melted where it contacts with the resistor block.
Is there a way I can replace the resistor block connector along with resistor block ..?
How do I replace the wires on the connector ..? DO I replace just the connector or connector with wires..
I need help here please.

Quick Reply: Revised - Help - Locating interior "blower motor resistor" 96 Caravan