Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Just replaced output sensor, will this be ok?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 06:10 AM
rastoma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just replaced output sensor, will this be ok?

I have a '99 Caravan (just bought a few weeks ago). It has 63k on it. Yesterday the spedo quit working, the transmission 'stuck' in first or second, and the check engine light came on.

After reading through forums here and then getting the code pulled at Auto Zone, it said it was the output speed sensor.

My van has a 3.3L in it. Are all 3.3 flex fuel? A woman there punched in 3.0L and gave me the sensor listed. I didn't realize she punched in 3.0L until I had to go back for something else. They didn't have anything for a 3.3L flex, but the one for the 3.0L looked the same and it fit and fixed my problem. I went back to get an air filter and it showed again nothing available for the 3.3 flex, but the filter for the 3.0 MFI was identical.

So is it ok to keep and use this sensor? I thought I read somewhere that the 3.3 flex was in like 48% of 99 caravans. Why are very few parts listed for this engine? Is everything for the 3.0 and 3.3 interchangeable?

Old 06-19-2006, 01:02 AM
99Sport33L
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just replaced output sensor, will this be ok?

If your's is flex fuel it will say it on the gas lid door.

I have Flex Fuel 3.3 L 99 Grand Caravan Sport. Terrible mpg at 9 to 15 mpg city.

What kind of mpg are you getting?

I just bought mine 2 weeks ago.

Quick Reply: Just replaced output sensor, will this be ok?