Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

how to remove panels in 92 Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 07:39 PM
RCG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to remove panels in 92 Caravan

Can anybody advise me or direct me to a quick and easy guide to removing the interior panels of a 92 Caravan? In particular I need to pull off the large lower panel along the driver side behind the driver's door. I pulled off the velcro backed upper panel and removed a couple of obvious attachment screws, but would appreciate any further help. These things are very easy once somebody tells you where to look. Thanks.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Goofy173
Rookie
Default RE: how to remove panels in 92 Caravan

Since no one has taken a crack at this, I guess I will. I have a 91 but have not had that particular panel off. Every panel I've had off though has had either, screws, velcro, and/or those pinch type connectors. The pinch type connectors just pull out. I know they're used in the door panels. They hide those screws good sometimes. Now that I think of it I did have that panel loose one time years ago to run my external cell antenna wire and I believe that there is a screw located in the ash tray that is just behind the driver's seat. Maybe that's one you are missing.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:35 AM
RCG
Default RE: how to remove panels in 92 Caravan

Goofy, thanks for your input. Your 91 has the same panels as my 92. I did locate the screw behind the ashtray. Now I just need to find a few more Easter eggs. They never design or even mark these things so that an owner can just do the work quickly and intuitively. How much more design IQ would that take?

Okay, I have it out. It was hanging up on the driver pillar and I was reluctant just to pry hard. Also the rear passenger seat belt bolt had to come out. All done.

Quick Reply: how to remove panels in 92 Caravan