Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Cold air from the bottom

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 09:10 PM
rube740
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold air from the bottom

Hello everyone, I am a proud owner of a 2001 Dodge caravan se 4 cyl. My van throws out hot air but not all over. Right under the passengers feet will come out ice cold air like if its coming from outside. What can this be? And also when I turn on the AC, there is water dripping all over the passenger side floor soaking it!

Old 02-20-2007, 05:45 PM
ahchi
Default RE: Cold air from the bottom

I have same problem with my Grand caravan 2005 SE, I noticed that my feet were getting progressively colder, even with the heat on high. pouring out of a vent on the floor, but next to it where the center console is, warm air is coming. It is impossible to drive when the temperature is lower than -10. I got dealers to check 5 times already. all they said is nothing wrong with it.
Could any one help?

Old 02-22-2007, 10:18 AM
vangonebuy
Rookie
Default RE: Cold air from the bottom

My 97 GC had a similar problem. Cold Air rushed in.
Try looking into this.
Under the glove box, there is an accuator for the heat/vent. A small black motor with a sliding control.
Simple to get to if on your back laying on the passenger side floor. (not too comfortable)
On mine the motor didnt properly turn the control. Like the pin was stripped. But the motor worked fine.
While on your back. Play with the vent direction control on the center console with the fan on.
You can tell if it is opening and closing properly. And sealing.

As for the water, I never had a problem, But I've read that they can be caused by damaged or clogged
drain lines from the wiper tray inside the engine compartment.
I dont know where the drains are for the A/C condenser.

Not sure how this will translate into an O5GC.

Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Cold air from the bottom