Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

solenoid pack help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:09 AM
s.sink
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default solenoid pack help

Hi, I am trying to fix a 2000 caravan that is leaking badly. It looks like it's leaking at the solenoid pack on the tranny facing the front of the vehicle. I wanted to know how hard this is going to be. What all needs to be removed to get it out? I don't want to take on the job if it's going to be too much of a pita. Also, would these trannys go into limp mode if they ran too low on tranny fluid? The owner is getting the runaround from their mechanic. Took it to them with a leaky transmission, and in limp mode........they did a pan drop and fill, and it's operating okay now but it still leaks. I told her it was leaking at the solenoid and not the pan. They want 400 dollars to fix it, even though they charged her 150 to do a pan drop wich solved nothing. Advance has the solenoid for 130 dollars. Anyways, any details on HOW to replace it would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: solenoid pack help