Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

rev limiter disconnect?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 11:55 AM
disaray1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rev limiter disconnect?

Hi all. Got a question about a 97 Caravan 3ltr V6...Anyone know of a way to get around the rev limiter without spending any money? I'm pretty sure the injectors have full time power, and the ground is pulsed. At rev limit, the ground goes away until the revs come back down, and the process starts over. If you supply a supply a supplemental ground at high RPM, the injectors are held open...but way to much fuel (fat) and the motor "noses over". I need this engine to run perfectly all the way to the top with no rev limiter. Ideas??

Sounds like a strange request, I know. I have a party every year, and blow up some cars headed to the crusher. Unfortunately, late model cars all have rev limiters, and they rarely grenade with the rev limit working...the engines just bounce off the limiter, and they run forever. I'm looking for this thing to come apart in short order. Anyone in the Orlando Fla area is welcome to come. 5 cars this time: 94 Olds 98, 97 Caravan, 87 Pontiac Bonnevile, 87 Volvo 740 wagon and a 78 Porsche 924. KABOOOM!!!!

Thanks for the help in advance, disaray1

Quick Reply: rev limiter disconnect?