Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dead Battery

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 01:57 AM
Don R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead Battery

Hello all! I have a 2002 Grand Caravan (out of warranty), and the battery is dead! I just drove it, came home, and when I went out in the afternoon the battery was dead! My first thought was I didn't shut a door, turned on an overhead light, etc...but not the case!

By the time I got to looking at it, the sun went down, I couldn't find my jumper cables, so I put a battery charger on it. I got in the van, it was dark, and once the lights went out, the odometer and transmission indicator leds were out, but there was a faint orange/red glow on these indicators, and a humming coming from what sounded like behind the radio. When I pressed the remote unlock while in the van, the glow dimmed, the humming got louder, and when the interior lights dimmed, the hum quieted down, but still never went away. I think this hum is what drained my battery!

This is my wife's van, and she has noticed driving down the highway that all the idiot lights come one for a few seconds and then turn off, this has happened once, another time the transmission indicator had the led block around all of the letters P R N D 3 2 1, instead of just around P.

These 2 issues may be unrelated, but seem to me like a warning of some sort. The battery cables were tight, and looked clean. I took them off while charging the battery.

Any ideas out there??? Thanks...Don

Quick Reply: Dead Battery