Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

94 3.0 caravan no start

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 03:24 PM
prtynkd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 3.0 caravan no start

i am helping a friend with his caravan. it showed upat my door with a no start condition.
he has had this problem ongoing for quite some time. it seems to be intermitent, but when it quits, it has to be towed and put inside the shop to even have a chance to start.

he has replaced the timing belt fuel pump, filter(x2), coil and cap n rotor(x2).

yesterday i had a no spark condition at the plugs so i replaced the wires and now i have good solid spark. i put it on my snapon scanner and got no codes, i then went through the troubleshooter for a no start condition and everything has passed. (map, tps, fuel pump, valve timing. i even tried priming the engine with raw fuel and still a no start. so next i got thinking that maybe it might be a relay problem so i swapped in some new relays that i had and it fired right up (auto shut down relay). but this morning the same thing, no start. so i thought there must be someone with a similar problem and here i am.

94 caravan
3.0 litre
3 spd auto
good spark
good fuel press
140 psi compression

any help would be greatly appreciated [8D]

Old 03-10-2007, 02:25 AM
Orly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 94 3.0 caravan no start

Just for couriosity, did you went to the Dealer for the "recall about the safety bag"?
because that was the reason for my problem very similar than yours.

Quick Reply: 94 3.0 caravan no start