Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

01 Grand Caravan tranny pan leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:25 PM
pherdog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 01 Grand Caravan tranny pan leak

I think I am having the same leak from the solenoid.Does anyone have any recommendations on what to use to seal the leak back up? RTV?

Old 01-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Jetmeck
Amateur

Solenoid has a gasket, a transmission parts store would have it. Regular auto parts will sell you the solenoid assembly for 150-200 bucks.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Jetmeck
Amateur

BTW theleak we are talking about is at the pan and mine is at the rear just like the original poster. The solenoid is all the way at the front of the tranny.

Old 05-26-2007, 03:38 PM
richardh05k

I've had this problem too. It seems it doesn't matter what kind of RTV is used, when draining the trans it is dificult to get the back of the case to stop leaking down until the pan is installed. If even one drop of ATF gets into the rtv your job gets all messed up. I get a rag and carfully soak out the atf of the back of the trans then imediatly aply the pan with the rtv. This seals it every time. It does help to have all the bolt holes too. If any of them have been over torqued and the threads torn out they gotta be heli-coiled first.

Quick Reply: 01 Grand Caravan tranny pan leak