Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Replacement headphones for 2005 SXT

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 01:51 PM
bneals
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement headphones for 2005 SXT

I have a 2005 SXT that had the 6 disc DVD system with wireless headphones. The set cost me $1000. The headphones are (were) crap. They both broke immediately. You would think that they would make them stronger considering that the car is marketed to families with small children. At any rate, I want to buy new headphones. The key is that they are durable. Audio quality is a distant second. Do you know whether this system is wireless (RF) or IR? Can I buy other types of these headphones? For example, I have found some other brands of RF headphones on the net. Can I buy these?

Old 12-30-2006, 06:10 PM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: Replacement headphones for 2005 SXT

They are not RF, but IR. The diodes are located above the screen in the dark area. We have three kids, in a year and a half we have only gone through 2 headphones, not too bad. Had to replace them with the ones from Chrysler, couldn't find any that supported IR. The kids are careful with them now, store them under the passenger from seat to prevent them from being stepped on.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:16 AM
lbuddha
Default RE: Replacement headphones for 2005 SXT

A good place to find replacement headphones for Dodge is on Ebay. I'm not a big fan of dealing with ebay - too many bad experiences. But there are some vendors out there that also sell them. I bought a pair from www.audiovideo2go.com and they worked fine. They have everything broken down by vehicle, but I learned that any IR headphone works fine on the Dodge IR systems. IR headphones are not brand specific, it would seem. The pair I got have been in the hot car for the last couple of years, and they are still working! Even got chewed on by the dog.... Hope that helps. And of course, after I typed all this, I noticed that this post is 3 years old. *sigh*

Quick Reply: Replacement headphones for 2005 SXT