Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Fuel Filter

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 06:50 AM
Grand_Caravan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Fuel Filter

Guys, I need help on my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. My spouse accidently put diesel fuel in the gas tank, I need to know where is the fuel filter and what is the part number on this? Please help me. This is killing me.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:32 PM
BNtune
Rookie
Default RE: 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Fuel Filter

ORIGINAL: Grand_Caravan

Guys, I need help on my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. My spouse accidently put diesel fuel in the gas tank, I need to know where is the fuel filter and what is the part number on this? Please help me. This is killing me.
Should need to worry about fuel filter. Need to just shifon,get fuel out of tank as much as you can and fill full of gas.
Alittle diesel won't hurt. Again, how much diesel was added. If only a couple of Gal. and then cault that it was diesel will be ok with a full tank of gas.
Did the eng. stop running because of this? or cault it before running.
The fuel filter is on top of the tank. The tank has to be drained and droped to get to fuel filter. Yes,PITA .
If Eng. has diesel at fuel rail and Eng. stop,getting tank full of gas you'll then need to unhook fuel line at fuel rail and run key to drain the diesel.
Again,just how much diesel was added?

Old 01-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Grand_Caravan

About 5 Gallons of diesel. When she put it, the gas needle was at the "E" line already. So draining the line and the tank would do it? TAhanks for the quick response by the way!!

Old 01-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Grand_Caravan

Got it fixed. i dropped the fuel tank and drained all the diesel fuel out. Then pour new unleaded gas. i didn't have to replace the fuel filter. I didn't see the fuel filter on top of the gas tank. The dodge dealer here said it could be together with the fuel pump. But who cares, I got it running. Thanks guys.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:01 PM
BNtune
Rookie

Glad to hear.
Your fuel filter is part of the fuel pump. Type with out thinking

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Fuel Filter