Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

How To - 2005 Caravan sway bar bushing replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:06 AM
kkpjm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How To - 2005 Caravan sway bar bushing replacement

What are the symptoms that require replacement of the bushing?? I haven't been in the forum long, but my '05 has developed a pop or click in the front end, and it happens when I'm moving and initiate a turn. If the vehicle is still, and I turn the wheel, no sound. If I get out and rock the fornt end side to side, I can duplicate the sound. Seems to come from the area of the transmission. It's not a clunk, but a sharp "click"...could it be related to the fact that the steering rack was replaced at 30K miles? It's now out of 3/36 warranty, but could this be drivetrain? The noise is there whether it's in drive or in a coast condition.

Before I go to the dealer for diagnosis, perhaps someone here can help?? Thanks!

Old 02-25-2009, 02:20 PM
LSUfan71
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by kkpjm
What are the symptoms that require replacement of the bushing?? I haven't been in the forum long, but my '05 has developed a pop or click in the front end, and it happens when I'm moving and initiate a turn. If the vehicle is still, and I turn the wheel, no sound. If I get out and rock the fornt end side to side, I can duplicate the sound. Seems to come from the area of the transmission. It's not a clunk, but a sharp "click"...could it be related to the fact that the steering rack was replaced at 30K miles? It's now out of 3/36 warranty, but could this be drivetrain? The noise is there whether it's in drive or in a coast condition.

Before I go to the dealer for diagnosis, perhaps someone here can help?? Thanks!
I'm about to put a new set on my wife's '05 for the third time

Her van usually makes a clunk in turns, described maybe even as a pop or thud, not a click. It's not a high-pitched or sharp sound, I guess. I hope that helps, but I'm sure you've already resolved your problem by now....

Quick Reply: How To - 2005 Caravan sway bar bushing replacement