Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

'03 GC - Transmission Downshift Bump

Old 03-10-2007, 12:42 PM
fperezal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '03 GC - Tranmission Downshift Bump

hemmi:

Where did you buy your TPS? I having problemslocating mine for my 2003 GC 3.3L. I will hate to get it from the MOPAR store, and have to take out a mortgage on my house to pay for it [:@].

Old 03-10-2007, 04:59 PM
BEEBOW

Maybe we are looking at different symptoms. Here's what happens with my 01'. When in3rd no symptoms, when in drive and slowing from speeds above 35 there is a hard downshift at 25mph. Just wondering if maybe I am experiencing the same issues as you guys.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:33 PM
hemmi

I bought it at Mopar. Not expensive. $30cad

Old 03-10-2007, 06:34 PM
fperezal

First you said it was a mount. Now you say it my be similar to aor problem. All I can tell you is this...if it does like you explained, is not a mount, is a downshift error. Try the TPS if you wish since it did fix hemmi's problem.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:36 PM
fperezal

what do you mean by $30cad? Canadian Dollars? Can you check for one for the 3.3L?

Old 03-10-2007, 06:36 PM
hemmi

ORIGINAL: BEEBOW

Maybe we are looking at different symptoms. Here's what happens with my 01'. When in3rd no symptoms, when in drive and slowing from speeds above 35 there is a hard downshift at 25mph. Just wondering if maybe I am experiencing the same issues as you guys.
Yeah this sounds like the same thing. I'm in kilometers here and I would feel the bump at around 55 km when coming to stop.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:47 PM
hemmi

ORIGINAL: fperezal

what do you mean by $30cad? Canadian Dollars? Can you check for one for the 3.3L?
yes, Canadian. I don't have the resources to find out prices for the 3.3l but I'm sure it wouldn't be that different.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:18 PM
fperezal

You dont have resources? All you have to do is call the place where you bought yours and ask for a price on the same vehicle, 3.3L instead!

Bottom line is, dont worry about it. Here in the US we have plenty resources without the need of bothering a canadian hemmi. Thanks anyway.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:22 PM
hemmi

ORIGINAL: fperezal

You dont have resources? All you have to do is call the place where you bought yours and ask for a price on the same vehicle, 3.3L instead!

Bottom line is, dont worry about it. Here in the US we have plenty resources without the need of bothering a canadian hemmi. Thanks anyway.
Really? That's all I have to do?!. Wow, I never considered that. Amazing how fast you came to that realization. How about I come to your house and install it for you. I wouldn’t want you to be inconvenienced by all this.

You’re a real piece of work!

Old 03-27-2007, 06:39 PM
ohhmom
Default RE: '03 GC - Transmission Downshift Bump

Hi
I just had my transmission fluid changed in my 03 GC and experienced the same problem. The dealership played dumb and said they had never had that problem. Well I talked to a transmission expert and he told me that the computer will show a code stating that the transmission pump has lost it prime. Sure enough it did! He reset the computer. Sometimes this helps but usually you will have to do more. The computer has forgot how or better when to down shift. The dealership can do a re learn...you can also do a quick learn yourself. But my transmission person reset my CVI values meaning cluth volume index the next day and after I drove my vehicle almost 500 miles two days later I do not seem to be having any more problems. You are experienceing what is called a Bump Shift that can be corrected. Good Luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '03 GC - Transmission Downshift Bump