Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

What HP will the Challeger have?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 07:14 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What HP will the Challeger have?

With the Corvette coming out with an available 700 HP to 1,000 HP and the Toyota Supra coming out with a Lexus Badge that packs 700+ HP, what will the Challenger be given to compete? The Camaro is supposed to have 505 HP and the Mustang GT will also come out with 500+ HP... Seems to me that a Challenger with less than say 600 HP may not be worth the purchase. I thinka brand new426 Hemi with the New Technology that we have should put up the numbers we are looking for... 7.0 Hemi I think... I sure hope DC watches these Forums...

Old 05-12-2007, 12:52 AM
MINIHEMI
Rookie
Default RE: What HP will the Challeger have?

i don't think the mustang/ford could have 1000 horses under the hood or even close the highest i haveread the mustang would be 700/725 maximum, theres only one beauty on wheels thats over 1000 horses, it's europeanas for the challenger, i think DCX has an ace up there sleve there just waiting

Old 05-30-2007, 07:22 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

No. The new Mustang GT-500 will have right at or just above 500 HP. Nowhere near 700 HP... The new Corvettes are the Models to watch... And I thought the Z06's were bad... If the Challenger is Overpriced, why not pay $40,000 more for a 700+ HP Corvette?

Old 05-30-2007, 07:42 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

I think he was referring to the rumored 700HPGT-500 "Super Snake" Mustang...

Old 05-30-2007, 07:43 PM
fc7gtx
Professional

ORIGINAL: 2005 Magnum R/T Hemi

The new Mustang GT-500 will have right at or just above 500 HP.
Yes, the 2007 Shelby GT500 puts out 500HP with the 5.4 L supercharged engine. The 2008 Shelby GT500KR will be rated at 540HP which will be the highest rated HP car Ford produces. The highest HP Roush Car is 430HP (BlackJack& Drag Pak) and Saleen is in the 475HP range. These are all numbers that are factory built. I'm not a chevy fan at all so I'm don't follow that stuff and don't care. The Roush Mustangs weigh around 3400lbs.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:00 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Mopar or No Car!

FC7GTX,
I agree. I am neither a Chevy nor a Ford Fan, so like you said, don't follow, don't care...

But...

When the Corvette shows up on a Top 10 Cars List and is the only one under $100K, and is like 6th... I am sad to say, but GM is doing something right! (my fingers ache, it was sooo hard to type that...) The Mustang still has yet to post any significant numbers, beside their production numbers... Freakin' see a GT / Cobra / Saleen Mustang in every other lane... Let alone the Base Models... Way Over-produced... Or way Under-crashed... Whichever you prefer...

Geeze, I hope the new Chrysler Holdings Group watches these forums and takes lessons...

Old 05-30-2007, 10:41 PM
fc7gtx
Professional

Freakin' see a GT / Cobra / Saleen Mustang in every other lane... Let alone the Base Models... Way Over-produced... Or way Under-crashed... Whichever you prefer...

Geeze, I hope the new Chrysler Holdings Group watches these forums and takes lessons...
I bet that will change once Mopar and Chevy start producing a Challenger and Camaro again. Ford has the market right now. I won't buy a chevy and for my taste Mopar doesn't currently have anything in a two door that I love so whats left?.......Ford, and as you can see they are selling alot of cars.....That will change soon...OH and I've read that Roush and Saleen are both going to get into the performance business with chevy and mopar very soon. Roush is already selling mopar and chevy stuff. Imagine that, a Roush Challenger or a Saleen Camaro??? Oh its going to get interesting and bottom line,,,,FUN for all!!!! Have a good one!!!!

http://www.roushperformance.com/news...ry&sid=157

Old 06-05-2007, 01:19 PM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

Mopar or No Car!

FC7GTX,
I agree. I am neither a Chevy nor a Ford Fan, so like you said, don't follow, don't care...

But...

When the Corvette shows up on a Top 10 Cars List and is the only one under $100K, and is like 6th... I am sad to say, but GM is doing something right! (my fingers ache, it was sooo hard to type that...) The Mustang still has yet to post any significant numbers, beside their production numbers... Freakin' see a GT / Cobra / Saleen Mustang in every other lane... Let alone the Base Models... Way Over-produced... Or way Under-crashed... Whichever you prefer...

If GM was worried about sales instead of 700hp Vetts, they might still be #1 in sales instead of falling faster than anyone... Only thing they sell are Large SUV & Trucks, you cant give away their cars. For the last decade all they have worried about or dreamed of is apparently beating the Dodge Viper... (and copying the Viper, and costing as Much as the Viper LOL) They have finally done so as Dodge was asleep for the last 10 year as they rose in progress with other Vehicles. If Dodge put 1/10th as Much Effort into the Viper as GM putts into the Vett we would have had an 800hp Viper a few years ago LOL

GM really needs to start concentrating on relevant productive/money making vehicles…they are currently all pieces of sh*t Dodge has made more progress in the last 10 years and Ford and GM combined. We have a 670hp Viper now, we could have made it 3 years ago, but Chrysler isn’t that stupid….

Quick Reply: What HP will the Challeger have?