Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

What I think abought the Challenger..

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 01:06 AM
dhbgl1800
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw my first SRT/8 Hemi Orange Challenger today. It looks MUCH better in person than any picture I have seen!! I don't think it is any larger than the original. I'd have to park one next to my 70 'Cuda (340, 4spd) to be sure though. I've had the 'Cuda since new - Dec 1969. I would like to have a new Challenger to keep it company!

Old 08-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Ben D.
Champion

saw a black srt8 on a car carrier i actually followed it for like ten miles drooling the entire way. I could care less about not going in a straight line. light to light she's gonna be a killer.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:44 AM
stanczyk
Default I can tell You sth about ..Charger

I can tell You sth about ..Charger, challenger is ok !

Jeep SRT8 is m Boy,

I dont have one , but it's my beloved machine

300 SRT 8 is also sweet,

Challenger , dont even ask, ..3 of them are Hummer Killers !!

but whats wrong with Charger ?

what are they waiting for?

producer wchich will put retro-midsize on the market....I presume will be a winner... (2 door / 4 seats.because now You need two pony cars to go for a party with friends..
theira are toys , and even high tax wont stop people from buying them ...

I think first retro-midsize will be new GTO....or maybe Ford wil jump out with it's "Starsky and Hutch ' reinterpretation....(and will be first like with the Mustang) I've noticed that on Ford's forum people ask where is next retro hot rod from Ford....

......but maybe redone Charger, !

what do You think , will dodge change this 4 door - uninspiering joke into sth nice , "I'll kick Your but" muscle-machine?

they scholud do it, even if they will call it Charger RT special edition (coupe)...they can left that four door familly sedan named Charger, and put some additional name on new project,

I did some simple excersize : I draw really simple"Charger concept" in paint programme, based on black Challenger,

I stretch the pictute put "coke bottle" accents on a body , cut rear and front like it was in oryginal chargers and it works !(I wil try to put this here I'm not sure how about quality..but You can get a proportions.......this picture I belive looks better than 2006 Charger itself ...

i think it's almost only a matter of body pannels , ....mechanicals and HEMI powertrain are ready - current Charger SRT8 ,

dont waste HEMI herritage @!

You also have barracuda to built (ok...there's nice challenger so You can left that...) but roadrunner, charger

there're very nice concepts delivered by independent designer Michael Leonhard...

wish You good luck chrysler/ dodge ..

Modern Muscle debate !

Im writing an article about modelm Muscle,
any suggestions matters, can you recomand me some other dodge forums? Chrysler is my favourite in muscle cars war
thanks,
ernwopr@wp.pl

Old 09-07-2008, 11:01 AM
stanczyk
Default it's closest to the oryginal Muscle cars

it's closest to the oryginal Muscle cars , with it retro looks, hemi engine...pistol grip stick
annd RT will give You old Muscle effect even better..
tehy say it sounds great, (free flow exhaust...rezonator boxes ...anybody know preciselly what they did , that car sounds better than b***er SRT8 engine..)?

it's big, almost midsize , ..and other ponny have no room at rear seats , so if You want to go for a party ith friends you need 2 mustangs or camaros.., that is what toys like muscle do , right?
but chrysler should do sth with interior , (project D ? they should work fast !)

CAmaro I belive will be a killer,..best car objectively speaking...
in my opinion it's designed best, and because it's a compromise between muscle and sports car...im purist, but camaro makes me wet ! )

modern muscle debate,
Im writng an articl about modern muscle
any suggestions//?
ernwopr@wp.pl

Old 09-29-2008, 03:40 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope when you write your article you use spell check. No offense intended, best of luck!

Old 09-29-2008, 04:57 PM
zanethan
Veteran

I think that the challenger isn't going to be able to beat the camaro. It's the heaviest of the three and the hp rating of the new camaro is going to be equal to the challengers but it will way 500lbs lighter. you do the math. The new camaro is going to be the fastest and best handling of the three despite what it looks like.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:51 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zanethan
I think that the challenger isn't going to be able to beat the camaro. It's the heaviest of the three and the hp rating of the new camaro is going to be equal to the challengers but it will way 500lbs lighter. you do the math. The new camaro is going to be the fastest and best handling of the three despite what it looks like.
Funny, I can not buy a Camaro, do not comprehend this..

I get what you are saying, but it is not a car yet and the Challenger will get a HP boost (In SRT form) within 2 years.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:18 PM
zanethan
Veteran

I don't see how Dodge will be able to increase the power with the new CAFE standards going into effect within the next 5 years. Chrysler already has the lowest average fuel efficiency and adding more power to a V-8 won't likely help things. I think that dodge rushed its production of the new challenger and has ended up with a vehicle that is average when it could have been a top contender.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:03 PM
04StratusR/T
Veteran

I doubt fuel milage was atop of their list when they were designing the Challenger SRT8. Just a thought.....

The R/T and SE models aren't too bad with fuel milage. 26MPG on Highway for both models.

I believe Chrysler has a 6.4 Liter HEMI coming out later on???

Old 09-30-2008, 08:36 PM
prudence
Amateur

Here is a comparison of all three I just saw today. They have a table with all variants going head to head with each other and similar Mustang variants. I love the looks of the Challenger but it's so heavy for a sports car. Get 'em while you can as they will probably be short lived unfortunately! How many of you guys would be a turbocharged V-6? lol

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...on_tables.html

Quick Reply: What I think abought the Challenger..