Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

New Dodge SRT8 in the house

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 01:04 AM
surfnorthwest
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dodge SRT8 in the house

Well got on the car lot at 9:00 this moring with the full intention of driving home a RT Classic with 6-speed.

After test driving it around town with my wife (she will drive it also) I quickly determined that a 6 speed would soon become more of a pain in the *** in town given the HP of the car. I am not racing so we went on to try some automatic RT's. We loved the automatic ones but they just did not have the color with the options we wanted on the lot even though the dealer had 47 in stock.

To get the color and options we wanted the only car that was a match happen to be a SRT8. I did not know much about the 392 SRT so after a good sales pitch explaining the difference and a test drive I could not have written the check any faster. Good God this car is amazing. The RT's are killer but this thing is a total different animal it seemed to me.

I had about a 200 mile trip home with plenty of open hiway to "test" it. Lets just say the car is fast. Very happy with it and its road manners with the automatic. Got it to 135 already and SMOOTH.

Our car is loaded and I couldn't be happier with the price we got and the performance. A nice addition to the garage. I traded my 2010 Laramie Crew Cab in on it. Oh ya, the stock 900 watt 17 speaker stereo also kicks ***.

Attached Thumbnails New Dodge SRT8 in the house-1.jpg   New Dodge SRT8 in the house-5.jpg   New Dodge SRT8 in the house-7.jpg   New Dodge SRT8 in the house-10.jpg  

Last edited by surfnorthwest; 02-24-2013 at 01:13 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:56 AM
scatpack_69
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car! I knew it must've been Dave Smith when you said they had 47 in stock. Enjoy

Quick Reply: New Dodge SRT8 in the house