Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Problem with shifting, help needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 05:28 PM
dodgister
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with shifting, help needed

Hi everyone,

What to do this this instance.

2012 Challenger.
When shifting from 1st to 2nd it sometimes wants to shift to 4th. The car is telling me to shift to 4th sometimes... anyone has or had this problem before. Why is this happening? What can be done?
Thank you

Old 06-17-2014, 03:21 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgister
Hi everyone,

What to do this this instance.

2012 Challenger.
When shifting from 1st to 2nd it sometimes wants to shift to 4th. The car is telling me to shift to 4th sometimes... anyone has or had this problem before. Why is this happening? What can be done?
Thank you
dodgister,

I'm sorry to hear of your shifting concern. Is this occurring when using the AutoStick? How long have you been experiencing the shift issue? Is it intermittent, or are there trends that you have noticed when the issue occurs?

In some cases an incorrect gear ratio can have an effect on how your Challenger shifts. Are there any codes being set?

Old 06-17-2014, 05:27 PM
dodgister
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Dave, I don't know about the pattern, becuase this is happening to my friend's car. I am going to ask him to look into the gear ration and see if that may illuminate a little bit.

thank you

Quick Reply: Problem with shifting, help needed