Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

2010 Dodge Challenger ABS, ESP and ESP BAS warning lights on.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 03:30 PM
D_Stacy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Dodge Challenger ABS, ESP and ESP BAS warning lights on.

Hey guys so i was coming home from work and stopped at a stop light but when i went to accelerate i noticed by ABS, ESP and ESP BAS lights came on. I noticed a slight drop of power output but nothing major. I made it home, turned off the car let it sit for a min and then turned it back on and the lights were still illuminated. everything i have read suggests that its a bad wheel speed sensor i was just wondering if there was anything else i can do or i can check to figure out the problem.

Thank you much!

Old 07-13-2017, 09:43 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default System Reset

Just a suggestion.

You can try a system reset.

Disconnect the power side cable on your battery and ground the power cable out to ground. That should completely drain the power from all circuits. Then reconnect the power cable to the battery.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:20 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like a momentary bad sensor input that cause your traction control system to go haywire. There might be a stored code (won't illuminate CEL) regarding this.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Brandon Brodecki
Exclamation 2010 Charger ABS/ESP lights still on after steering angle sensor replaced.

2010 Charger SXT 3.5l, Hello I’ve been trying to solve this problem on my abs and not having any luck. I’ve replaced my steering angle sensor and recalibrate it with a new alignment. The lights are still on and haven’t fixed yet. I’ve checked all my wheel speed sensors and they’re working just fine. The only thing I can think of is the Clock spring that needs repalacing. The computer keeps saying it’s the steering angle sensor but I put a factory brand new one in it. This is with a snap on computer. Please help with any comments or suggestions. Don’t want to keep pouring money in this car for a simple fix. I’ve even order a new ESP switch to. I also deleted the codes and lights. They went away till I moved the wheel just barely and they all came back on if this helps any.
Thank you for your help.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:49 PM
Brandon Brodecki

I’ve disconnected the battery for 30mins and reconnected it. Only thing I can think of is the clock spring but won’t know till next week when I get the part. Thanks

Old 02-06-2018, 02:56 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The clockspring was likely your problem. The actual sensors don't go bad that often...if ever. The window that the sensor reads is made onto the clockspring and gets warped over time. (plastic) Or the center breaks. The ABS module sees the data at faster rate than it can be read on a scan tool, so a tech will never perceive the signal loss while doing diagnostics.

SAS Internal
SAS not inititalized.

...are the codes that set.

After you replace the clockspring, start the engine, turn your steering wheel full left > full right > full left > then back to center to initialize. Cycle the key then erase the code if it's still there.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:28 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Merged duplicate threads.

Old 02-11-2018, 03:44 PM
Brandon Brodecki
Default Did not work :(

The new clock spring did not solve the problem after doing all your steps. I put a Oreilly brand spring on. Should I exchange that and put a factory one on? I’m just lost on what it could be. Do you think I have a bad part or the steering angle sensor was bad even tho both parts were new? Thank you.

Originally Posted by TNtech
The clockspring was likely your problem. The actual sensors don't go bad that often...if ever. The window that the sensor reads is made onto the clockspring and gets warped over time. (plastic) Or the center breaks. The ABS module sees the data at faster rate than it can be read on a scan tool, so a tech will never perceive the signal loss while doing diagnostics.

SAS Internal
SAS not inititalized.

...are the codes that set.

After you replace the clockspring, start the engine, turn your steering wheel full left > full right > full left > then back to center to initialize. Cycle the key then erase the code if it's still there.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:25 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

How did you install the clockspring? Did you just shove it down in there or take the column shell off as an assembly?

Old 02-11-2018, 10:47 PM
Brandon Brodecki

I did not take the whole column apart. I slip the old clock spring out and put the new one in. It was a bit tight to go over the steering colum where the 10mm Allen goes on. Due to the center clips that makes it a snug fit. This one was a oreilly one. I was thinking on returning it and buy a factory clock spring thoughts? Here is my cell phone 3103184022 Brandon. I’m trying to avoid taking it to the dealer and get a 2000$ bill for it with the one by me chargers 200$ per hour. I rather pay you for your knowledge through western union or something. Hope to hear from you again. Thank you for taking the time to write me back.

Quick Reply: 2010 Dodge Challenger ABS, ESP and ESP BAS warning lights on.