Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Driver Seatbelt Unbuckled alert

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 09:34 AM
JoeMerriman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver Seatbelt Unbuckled alert

I own a 2015 scat pack challenger, 36700miles.

My wife drove my car the other day, and would have pulled the seat more forward than I drive. Later in the day, I noticed an alert when I buckle the driver's side buckle. The alert states "Driver Seatbelt Unbuckled". This is followed by a second alert for the "Service Airbag System". When I unbuckle the driver's side seatbelt, alert go away and cluster is free from any red alerts.

After some research on the subject, many owners are finding a loose wire under the seat, once they fumble with various harnesses, the system clears and back to normal. I've spent a few attempts to locate any bad connections and no luck. I've verify all fuses so far in the truck, all clear.

Since the seatbelt receptor, female end, is indicating locked when its not, and unbuckled when it is, maybe the issue is with this hardware. Before I try to replace the receiving hardware, does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Old 10-08-2018, 10:00 AM
ZEN357
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it still under warranty? I'd take it to the dealership and have them fix it. It's issues like these why I always buy the extended warranty!!!

Quick Reply: Driver Seatbelt Unbuckled alert