Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Challenger takes cues from Mustang era

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 08:54 PM
BIGSEXY
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger takes cues from Mustang era

Freind of mine is a GM mechanic.I guess GM is supposed to make another Camero also,something like the 69 style.Anyone else hear this?

Old 01-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You can find plenty of info on the Camaro, in the Off Brand News, Concepts & Rumors forum here at DF...

Old 01-09-2006, 06:11 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: deranged

I know I'm planning on being debt free when these become available. 18 months is perfect! And I've already told the dealer I'm first in line!
If they come out just like the concept there will be bidding wars over them and the ones willing to pay the most over the sticker price will be first to get them. It will more than likely be a couple years before you'll be able to even get close to one for anywhere near sticker price.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:16 AM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you're correct on this one. Not all the dealers are looking to f#*k over a customer even on new models. The local Dodge dealer here was selling Magnums and Chargers at sticker even when they first hit the lots. Right now he's got new Daytona Ram 4X4's at $24,990! I've bought 2 new vehicles from him in the last 3 years. Do you think he'll risk future business with me for a one time f#*k over!

Old 01-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Iggster
Professional

In reply to Deranged's post he is correct. We at my dealership have never charged over sticker and never will. That is defeating the purpose. Granted you probably will pay close to sticker on the hottest ones but not over. At least here where I sell cars.

Old 01-13-2006, 02:47 PM
jcbram04
Professional

DOWN WITH THAT STUPID MUSTANG!!!!!

Old 01-16-2006, 05:29 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that it happens around here and the more in demand and more limited the supply, the higher the prices climb. It has happened with Viper and every new version of it as well as the SRT-10 Ram. Even though the Challenger would be a far more normal production model, or so they say, and as if it isn't already more than apparent that the demand is quite high, I see more price hiking or favoritism to those willing to pay extra. This would of course only last so long, probably just the first six months or so, but I see it happening only if it comes out just like the concept. The Magnum and Charger aren't even close to the Challengers demand, but the '99 Charger R/T concept was and they completely destroyed it which is what I'm hoping doesn't happen to the Challenger.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:14 AM
zeekxxx
Captain

ORIGINAL: deranged

I don't think you're correct on this one. Not all the dealers are looking to f#*k over a customer even on new models. The local Dodge dealer here was selling Magnums and Chargers at sticker even when they first hit the lots. Right now he's got new Daytona Ram 4X4's at $24,990! I've bought 2 new vehicles from him in the last 3 years. Do you think he'll risk future business with me for a one time f#*k over!
Im happy to hear that your getting good deals. Buying a new car is sooooo hit and miss. We need to have a list on this forum by state of dealers that members got great deals from. Im here to tell you some dealers will be tacking on huge prices on this car. I myself will wait till the 2nd year of production and let them get any bugs out. Plus Id want to see the rag top. Dodge will have a heavy profit line the year this car goes up for sale. I often wondered why they didnt do things like this before. Alot of people who had one when they were younger will be lining up. How sweet would it be if you bought one as a kid and kept it. Then going out and buying the new one and putting them both in your garage. Man I'd love that.

Quick Reply: Challenger takes cues from Mustang era