Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

newbie ? about 06 aftermarket grille

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:36 PM
ondaslab
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie ? about 06 aftermarket grille

do i have to remove the front bumper to install a grille
thanks

Old 04-06-2007, 12:06 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: newbie ? about 06 aftermarket grille

<edit> Forgot... Welcome to the forum, enjoy!

Yes, but it isn't really that bad. Instructions to pull the bumper are posted in this thread https://dodgeforum.com/m_748706/tm.htm.

The first time will take you around 45 minutes in total to pull it off and put it back on.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Armageddes
Rookie

I'll try to find the other directions here on the forum, but it was not necessary to remove the front bumber to change the grill. Okay, at least it wasn't for me (J/K MangoinTX). My hands may be smaller than yours....

Anyway, it may involve a scraped knuckle or two, and a 1/4 in ratched set. Otherwise, once you remove the screws (6 I think, but maybe 4), it slides out the front, and the knew one slides back in, and reverse the process.

Not too bad overall, and you won't be staring at your bumber on the garage floor.

I'll find the post....

Here it is:

No disrespect to 3rd R/T, but ya dont need to do all that work.

Kirk, not that hard. just time. When ya lift the hood take out the two plastic clip on protectors. On the back of the grill there are four screws, two in center and one on each side. the heads are square fitting. the ones on the sides are in a tight spot, i used a palm ratchet with the proper fiting. after that there are two taps inside top and bottom. Then the whole grill slides out via the front. Once the whole thing is out you need to sit and push all the tabs for the black grill out of the chrome part. Ten insert the Honeycomb in reverse of the steps ya just did. Take a look at my Photos, some with the OME and the rest with the Honeycomb, and no spears.

Please check post by me karleysDAD: on 8-30-06
New pictures/Spears- No Spears/Blue light on the beach.

< Message edited by karleysDAD -- 9/2/2006 11:40:28 PM >

I did it this way -- Hope it helps!

.SG.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:44 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Good info, thanks for sharing!

I just remember the cam install and staring at my bumper on the garage floor and saying to myself boy it would be easy to change out the grille

Quick Reply: newbie ? about 06 aftermarket grille