Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Stick

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stick

Do they make real stick shifts for these new dodge Charger. Not that auto stick thing, what is that??

Old 05-06-2007, 09:58 AM
byebyeblue
Rookie
Default RE: Stick

Autostick is on demand gear slamming (or redline) with out the third pedal.It's the best of both worlds, you shift when you want if you want or drive infull automatic mode. You have full control of the shifting up to the outer limits of the engines capability at which point it protects itself and shifts for you if you don't bang the next gear.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:08 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Yes there is an aftermarket 6-speed manual coming down the pipe. Their burning up clutches but once they get that fixed you'll be able to buy one. If I recall correctly their priced around 6Gs and install details (ie. extra stuff you need to buy) are not available yet.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

Hey byebyeblue Is it like the padel shifters like on the new VW's??

Old 05-07-2007, 11:04 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

The "auto stick"works via bumping the shifter to the right to shift up and to the left to down shift. Once bumped you can press and hold it to the right for a couple of seconda and it kicks back to auto mode.

If you in "auto stick" mode it will automatically shift when it reaches the preset limit (5800 RPMis the stock limit).

Is that like the VWs?

Old 05-08-2007, 02:13 PM
byebyeblue
Rookie

Not sure on the VW's padel shift but this system is pretty cool as long as you remember that you are in the auto stick mode. The car is so smooth when drivingthat I have had the radio cranked and forgotten what I mode I was in and without hearing the engine roar I never realized it was redlining then shifting. Also when coming to a stop it will not lug,instead it'lldownshift if you forget, it self protects. It works well!

Quick Reply: Stick