Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Way cool state trooper car

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 04:12 PM
byebyeblue
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Way cool state trooper car

First one I see, Massachusett state trooper in a fully marked Charger. I was cruisin a little over 80mph and there was an onramp entering from the left from below the highway, no big deal until i notice out of the corner of my eye a charger front clip on my left. I take another look and it's a fully painted trooper car, of course I check my speed to see over 80 and realize it is too late to slow down so I don't,by now he is directly across from me staring at me so I smiled. I expected to see the flashing lights but instead got a thumbs up at my ride and a motion to slow it down, then he sped off. Bad looking trooper car I must say and brand spankin new too. There are a few local town PD's up here converting to the Charger from fords, I have been seeing them more and more. This guy was cool and no doubt enjoying the ride, Lucky for me!

Old 06-11-2007, 03:31 AM
Nicky B
Captain
Default RE: Way cool state trooper car

ORIGINAL: byebyeblue

First one I see, Massachusett state trooper in a fully marked Charger. I was cruisin a little over 80mph and there was an onramp entering from the left from below the highway, no big deal until i notice out of the corner of my eye a charger front clip on my left. I take another look and it's a fully painted trooper car, of course I check my speed to see over 80 and realize it is too late to slow down so I don't,by now he is directly across from me staring at me so I smiled. I expected to see the flashing lights but instead got a thumbs up at my ride and a motion to slow it down, then he sped off. Bad looking trooper car I must say and brand spankin new too. There are a few local town PD's up here converting to the Charger from fords, I have been seeing them more and more. This guy was cool and no doubt enjoying the ride, Lucky for me!
Yeah they do look pretty cool but not that many will be the Hemi charger most of the cars that stay 95% in the city they wll have that 3.5 V6

Old 06-14-2007, 10:35 PM
slapshot12
Professional

My agencies traffic unit has two of them, one silver and one dark blue, both with Hemi's and 20" wheels. They are totally unmarked, they blend into traffic and are very hard to tell they are cruisers, and daaaaaaaaaamn are they fast. A good friend of mine has one and he says it is excellent for traffic enforcement, . His biggest complaint is the small trunk for all of the gear and electronics.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Wallyworld Ranger
Rookie

here's an example.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Wallyworld Ranger
Rookie

Sorry about that. Had a nice picture of aMass.car. I'll try it again.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Stroker
Veteran

Wow our county cars are the RT charger but they don't have that god awfull front bumper on them.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:20 AM
mnboy
Captain

Stroker,
That God awful front bumper is a God Send when you are sitting in heavy traffic with a stalled car in front of you that's stopping a whole lane of traffic -- you just push them out of traffic onto the shoulder.

MN

Quick Reply: Way cool state trooper car