Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

12.87 ET with no engine mods!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 AM
IXLR8
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12.87 ET with no engine mods!

Using the formula

ET = (weight/hp)0.2545 x 7.4499

All I would have to do is reduce the weight of my Charger from 4525 lbs to 3000 lbs
My 14.27 ET would become a 12.87 ET, without any engine modifications.

Who needs fancy engine mods, when all you need to do is remove the interior, dash, doors, spare tire,battery. air bags, a/c, heater, carpeting, insulation,and replace the hood and trunk with carbon fiber replica's!

Why didn't someone think of this sooner?

Old 07-05-2007, 09:29 AM
mnboy
Captain
Default RE: 12.87 ET with no engine mods!

LOL.Chrysler's Direct Connection program (not a computer program) and booklets had several formulas to convertto ETs: they had an engine formula, a body styleformula and a weight formula. We used to when I was in my drag racing days: heck, we'd even bore holes in the frame for weight loss. A back seat? No way. Mirrors, radios, A/C, carpet, etc, etc, gone. Some would acid dip their car body parts or even wholebodies, and even some put in light weight plastic instead of the stock glass.If my old memory serves me correctly, I believe a plus 100 pounds is an added tenth (100 lbs is .10 sec) roughly.
Go ahead and start unbolting... but I like my Mango inmostly one piece... LOL.

But your joking isactually a good observation.

MN

Old 07-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Stroker
Veteran
Default RE: 12.87 ET with no engine mods!

You migh have better luck to start with a Carbon Fiber frame and body then you migh be able to do some shaving to get to your goal.

Quick Reply: 12.87 ET with no engine mods!