Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Test Drove An R/T

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 02:32 PM
C35L
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test Drove An R/T

Before I bought my SXT I tested drove a preownedR/T that had about 33k miles on it from a Ford dealership. I had a 2000 Ford Focus LX before I got my SXT.I wanted to test the R/T hemi out cause I've never drove a car with a hemi in it and I didn't know what a hemi was until I started looking into Chargers. I test drove the car on the highway lucky it was a nice day that day so thesalesman sitting in the passenger seatsaid "you can gun it if you want".

The traffic was light that day not to many cars on the highway so I tested the engine a little bit check out how the hemi ran. The hemi ran good I like the way engines naturally sound when you accelerate fast.

On this highway I drove on is the type of highway that has streets intersecting with the highway's road. You can cross through the highway and you can make U turns on the highway if you missed your turn or something. So after driving for 20 minutes I decided to turn around on one of the intersectons on the highway.

So as I did that I accelerated real quick before the car behind me got close but as I did that the car jerked as I was acceratering which I thought was weird so when I got to 60 mph I noticed the car started to slow down with my foot on the gas pedal. I keeped pushing on the gas pedal I even had it touching the floor and it keep slowing down which hella sucked cause more cars started to come so I had to hurry up and pull over.

After I pulled over I put the car in park and looked around to see what the problem was cause I didn't press on anything else that could of caused it to do that. After sitting for a couple minutes I put the car back into drive and drove back to the dealership. It drove fine on the way back to the dealership but I thought that was weird for a car to do that.

Has anyone experienced something like that or heard of something like that happening before or even know what can cause that?

Old 07-09-2007, 06:02 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker
Default RE: Test Drove An R/T

Were you sliding or tires skidding any? That sounds like something the ESP would do. Did the engine die?

Old 07-09-2007, 06:21 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Was the traction control turned "off" (you can't really turn it all the way off)? Sounds like "Hal" decided to rear his ugly head. When this was happening, did you try letting off the gas then getting back on it again?

dave

Old 07-09-2007, 06:37 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I agree it must have been "limp mode", were there any CELs?

Old 07-10-2007, 01:42 PM
C35L
Professional

I didn't skid or anything I just stopped normally and turned around. The ESP or the cruse wasn't on I didn't even touch those and the engine didn't die the car just wasn't responding. I put the car in park than put it back into drive and it ran fine after that it was weird.

Quick Reply: Test Drove An R/T