Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007 | 01:34 AM
chargerdreamcar
Default NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE

Hi Every body I am 17 years old and looking to buy my first car, my favorite is the 1970 dodge charger. What do you think of the car? Also what would be the top 5 things that you would upgrade or fix first if you had a 1970 charger and were looking to upgrade it. What is the main difference between a 383 and a 440? Just the horse power? Or does one run better then the other? What would be the best transmission for the car? Is independent suspension a good thing to have for both rear and front tires? I don't know hardly any thing about cars, and any help you give would be awesome.

Thanks,

Paul

Old 10-17-2007 | 08:20 AM
Jarhead90
Default RE: NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE

Believe or not, I was 17 when when I got my 70 Charger. I had a R/T with the 440 magnum and 727 tranny. I actually used a 383 while working on the 440 andI couldn't really tell a difference between the two (of course I didn't really know that much back then). I am a fan of the 440 magnum. I have read that some people prefer the 440 wedge but I don't really know why. As far as where to start, it's all about the ponies for me. I started with the cam, heads, and intake. Not too wild but enough to make a difference. I don't remember the exact specs since it was 23 years ago but I do remember burying the needle many times. Also, the 727 is a strong tranny and can stand up to a beating. You may also want to see what rear end gear is in it. Some of them don't have the posi.